What is a Road Usage Charge?
* Raise awareness on issues & policies that affect quality of life in California
* Promote self-advocacy and civic engagement
* Improve transparency, efficiency, & effectiveness in California government
* Serve as an independent watchdog for government oversight & accountability.
* Concentric focus: San Diego; So-Cal; Sacramento; and California
With a $97.5 billion budget surplus*, you'd think there would be ample money to go around. Instead, politicians and bureaucrats repeatedly come up with new and creative ways to tax us more. Some recent 'innovations' include:
$ Road Use Charge (RUC)
$ "New Levels" of 'Managed Lane' Tolls
$ Increase in Ridehailing User Fees
What do Capital One and California politicians have in common?
They both want to know: 'What's in YOUR wallet?'